MSC - a premier College in the Region along the fields of Instruction, Research, Extension and Production.
Provide quality, responsive and dynamic leadership in the areas of Education, Technology, Engineering, Environment, Agriculture, Fisheries, Culture, Arts and Sciences to empower God-fearing individuals who are innovators and protectors for the sustainable development of the province and the country as a whole.
INSTITUTIONAL FUNCTIONS: Instructions, Research, Extension and Production.
- Improvement of the quality of instruction thru expanded Human Resource Development Program, improvement of facilities and development of modules and laboratory manual. Integration of Information and Communication Technology Graduate Education should be offered with emphasis on the courses being offered by the College and that of Distance Education mode.
- Student services must be strengthened.
- Research programs/activities with focus on local resources must be strengthened in both basic and applied.
- Publication of research outputs in local, national and international journals/magazines etc.
- Strengthened the role/participation of the College through membership in different organizations/club.
- Strengthen/encourage research of the College by giving honoraria to researchers provided that the researches economic value.
- Look for funding sources to support research proposals of faculty with corresponding benefits to researchers.
- Extend programs on which the College has strength to serve as a show window to the community.
- Implementation of collaborative production programs in the province thru the LGU’s for the purpose of generating income and providing employment.
- Extend program of the College to the LGU which will focus on the improvement of the capability of the citizen.
- Put into commercial production a unique research product distinctly identifiable to MSC, using locally available and sustainable raw materials.
- Venture into sensible income generating projects that would increase the income of the College (e.g. low cost animal feeds).
- Mari-culture and inland fish and shrimp culture will be introduced as an income generating project for the College.
- Commercialization of Research output.
- Make the School of Agriculture teach not only to produce the raw agricultural products but rather teach them also to process agricultural products to substantially increase the value of the end product.
- Establish mechanism for conflict management.
- Enhancement of administrative services, to include the development of computerized systems in records management, finance management and the establishment of a data base for all aspects of operation of the College.
- Establish Student Registration Information System (SRIS) and Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS).
- Strengthening of linkages and networking in various modalities that will support institutional development.
- Policies on rewards and incentives shall be strengthened to include promotion schemes and awards.
- Campus Development Plan must be in place which shall include classroom and building renovations, road network communication lines, etc. - to backstop academe, research and extension.
- Adherence to a simplified but effective and responsive administrative and finance management system.
- Strengthen the Office for Special programs and Projects as a support system to the administration in implementing new programs and projects especially in establishing linkages and in sourcing fund for the College.
Core Values: Gratitude, Obedience, Loyalty, Devotion
Official Motto: Build a Brighter Future with MSC
Official Color: Maroon and Gold Yellow
Legal Bases of Creation:
Republic Act No. 805
“An act to establish, organize and maintain one National High School of Arts and Trades in the Municipality of Boac, province of Marinduque, to be known as the MARINDUQUE SCHOOL OF ARTS AND TRADES and to authorize the appropriation of funds for the purpose” approved on June 21, 1952.
Batas Pambansa Blg. 377
“An act converting the Marinduque School of Arts and Trades into the MARINDUQUE INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, broadening for the purpose its curricula programs in Science and Technology” approved on April 8, 1983.
Republic Act No. 6833
“An act changing the name of the Marinduque Institute of Science and Technology in Barangay Tanza, Municipality of Boac, Province of Marinduque to MARINDUQUE STATE COLLEGE” Approved on January 5, 1990.
Year of Service as Educational Institution: 60 years
Year of service as State College: 29 years
Date of Foundation Day: June 21, 1952
CHED SUC Leveling Status: Level II (19 points)
Number of Campuses: Four (4)
Name of Campuses:
MSC-Sta. Cruz Campus, Matalaba, Sta.Cruz, Marinduque
MSC-Torrijos Campus, Poctoy, Torrijos, Marinduque
MSC-Gasan Campus, Banuyo, Gasan, Marinduque
MSC-Boac Campus, Tanza, Boac, Marinduque
Flagship Program of each campuses:
MSC-Boac Campus - Secondary Education, Engineering, Technology, Arts and Science, Computer and Allied Medicine
MSC-Gasan Campus - Fisheries
MSC-Sta. Cruz Campus - Elementary Education
MSC-Torrijos Campus - Agriculture
Land Area of each campus:
MSC-Boac Campus - 9,3869 has.
MSC-Sta. Cruz Campus - 4.216 has.
MSC-Gasan Campus - 2.0 has.
MSC-Torrijos Campus - 15.0 has.
Distance of each campus from the Poblacion proper:
MSC-Boac Campus - 1.5 km.
MSC-Sta. Cruz Campus - 9.8 km.
MSC-Gasan Campus - 3.7 km.
MSC-Torrijos Campus - 4.3 km.
Legal Basis of Organizational Structure: BOT Resolution No. 78, s. 2006
College Governing Board: Board of Trustees (BOT)